This report shows the number of ophthalmic practitioners (Optometrists and Ophthalmic Medical Practitioners) who were authorised, by NHS England regions in England and Local Health Boards (LHB) in Wales, to carry out NHS funded sight tests as at 31 December each year.
General Ophthalmic workforce statistics, 31 December 2017
This is part of General Ophthalmic services workforce statisticsOfficial statistics, National statistics
- Publication date:
- 14 Mar 2018
- Geographic coverage:
- Wales, England
- Geographical granularity:
- Regional health body, NHS Health Boards, Regions
- Date range:
- 31 Dec 2007 to 31 Dec 2017
As at 31 December 2017:
- In England there were 13,141 ophthalmic practitioners, 45.6 per cent (5,990) were male and 54.4 per cent (7,151) were female. The 2007 breakdown was 54.1 per cent male and 45.9 per cent female practitioners.
- In Wales there were 841 ophthalmic practitioners, 46.0 per cent (387) were male and 54.0 per cent (454) were female. The 2007 breakdown was 56.1 per cent male and 43.9 per cent female practitioners.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:15 pm