This publication shows the number of ophthalmic practitioners (Optometrists and Ophthalmic Medical Practitioners) who are authorised by Primary Care Trusts in England and Local Health Boards in Wales to carry out NHS funded sight tests as at 31 December from 1999 to 2009.
Publication, Part of General Ophthalmic services workforce statistics
General Ophthalmic Services, Workforce statistics, England and Wales - 31 December 2009Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 19 May 2010
- Geographic Coverage:
- Wales, England
- Geographical Granularity:
- Date Range:
- 01 Jan 1999 to 31 Dec 2009
- There were 10,023 ophthalmic practitioners. This is an increase of 483 (5.1 per cent) since 2008, the first year under the new regulations.
- There were 19.5 practitioners per 100,000 population, an increase from last year (18.5).
- There were 711 ophthalmic practitioners, a decrease of 23 (3.1 per cent) on the previous year.
- There were 23.8 practitioners per 100,000 population, a small decrease from the previous year (24.5).
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:15 pm