We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
General Ophthalmic Services, Activity Statistics, England - Year ending 31 March 2011Official statistics, National statistics
- Publication Date:
- 12 Jul 2011
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Primary Care Organisations
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2001 to 31 Mar 2011
Numbers of NHS sight tests conducted per practitioner for financial year 2010/11 (table 1.5) as originally published in July 2011 were identified to be incorrect; due to the use of an incorrect denominator in the calculations. These figures have been corrected and republished as of 28/11/2011.
This report shows information about NHS ophthalmic activity provided through General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) in England in 2010/11 and on trends since 2001/02
- There were 11.9 million NHS sight tests in England. This is an increase of 127 thousand (1.1 per cent) on the previous year.
- The number of vouchers processed in England increased by 61 thousand (1.4 per cent) to 4.5 million.
- The number of vouchers for repair and replacement was 432 thousand.