This report shows information about NHS ophthalmic activity provided through General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) in England and Wales in 2009/10 and on trends since 2000/01.
General Ophthalmic Services, Activity statistics, England and Wales - Year ending 31 March 2010
This is part of General Ophthalmic Services activity statisticsOfficial statistics, National statistics
- Publication date:
- 13 Jul 2010
- Geographic coverage:
- Wales, England
- Geographical granularity:
- Country, Primary Care Organisations, Local Authorities
- Date range:
- 01 Apr 2000 to 31 Mar 2010
- There were 11.8 million NHS sight tests in England. This is an increase of 533 thousand (4.7 per cent) on the previous year.
- The number of vouchers processed in England increased by 282 thousand (6.8 per cent) to 4.4 million.
- The number of vouchers for repair and replacement was 443,429 in England and 26,474 in Wales.
- There were 735 thousand NHS sight tests in Wales, an increase of 16 thousand (2.2 per cent) on the previous year.
- 282 thousand optical vouchers were processed in Wales, an increase of 13 thousand (4.9 per cent) on the previous year.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:14 pm