This report presents summary information about General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) activity in England and Wales for 2008/09 and on trends since 1999/2000.
General Ophthalmic Services, Activity statistics, England and Wales - Year ending 31 March 2009Official statistics, National statistics
- Publication Date:
- 19 Aug 2009
- Geographic Coverage:
- Wales, England
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Primary Care Organisations, Local Authorities
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 1999 to 31 Mar 2009
- there were 11.278 million NHS sight test claims processed in England. This is an increase of 231 thousand (2.1 per cent) on the previous year
- 4.138 million NHS optical voucher items were processed in England, an increase of 187 thousand (4.7 per cent) on the previous year
- 467 thousand NHS voucher items for repair or replacement were processed in England with 29 thousand the equivalent figure for Wales
- there were 719 thousand NHS sight test claims processed in Wales. This is an increase of 18 thousand (2.6 per cent) on the previous year
- 269 thousand NHS optical voucher items were processed in Wales, an increase of 13 thousand (5.0 per cent) on the previous year.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:14 pm