This report shows information about NHS ophthalmic activity provided through General Ophthalmic Services (GOS) in England in 2011-12 and on trends since 2002/03
General Ophthalmic Services, Activity statistics, England - 2011-12
This is part of General Ophthalmic Services activity statisticsOfficial statistics, National statistics
- Publication date:
- 12 Jul 2012
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Country, Primary Care Organisations, Local Authorities
- Date range:
- 01 Apr 2011 to 31 Mar 2012
- There were 12.3 million NHS sight tests in England, an increase of 367 thousand (3.1 per cent) on the previous year.
- At 4.5 million, the number of NHS optical vouchers processed in England was equivalent to the previous year, with only a marginal reduction of 6 thousand (0.1 per cent) processed. However, it is likely that this apparent decrease, and reversal of the established trend, is attributable to data quality issues impacting on this dataset, rather than an actual reduction in activity.
- The number of vouchers for repair and replacement was 429 thousand, a reduction of 3 thousand (0.7 per cent). Although numbers have shown decreases in recent years, it is likely that the decrease in 2011/12, is attributable to data quality issues impacting on this dataset, rather than an actual reduction in activity.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:14 pm