This report is a supplement to the Dental Working Hours (DWH) 2014/15 and 2015/16 Motivation Analysis report. Whereas the original report presents motivation and morale findings for England & Wales combined, this supplement presents high-level results for dentists in Wales alone. For reference and comparative purposes, the results for England & Wales together, which are taken directly from the original report, are also shown. This analysis concentrates primarily on 2015/16 results, although time-series data are provided back to 2012/13.
Dental Working Hours, 2014/15 and 2015/16, Wales Motivation Analysis, Supplementary Report
This is part of Dental Working HoursOfficial statistics, Experimental statistics
- Publication date:
- 13 Sep 2017
- Geographic coverage:
- Wales, England
- Geographical granularity:
- Date range:
- 01 Apr 2012 to 01 Mar 2016
- Providing-Performer dentists in Wales are less motivated and have lower morale than those in England & Wales combined.
- Performer Only dentists in Wales have similar levels of motivation and morale compared to those in England & Wales.
- Nearly three-quarters of Providing-Performer dentists in Wales reported that they often think about leaving dentistry.
- Reported motivation and morale levels have fallen for dentists in Wales since the 2014 survey which covered 2012/13 and 2013/14.
Last edited: 18 April 2018 11:49 am