The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
A correction was made to indicators on the 28th September 2018 due to errors found in the data.
The errors were due to the numerator and denominator using different CCG configurations and only affected the CCGs subject to boundary changes on 1st April 2017. The CCGs affected were NHS Birmingham South and Central CCG (04X), NHS Morecambe Bay CCG (01K), NHS North Cumbria CCG (01H), NHS Norwich CCG (06W), NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG (05L), and NHS South Norfolk CCG (06Y). The numerator source data for reporting period 2016 implemented the 2017 boundary changes early, whereas the corresponding denominator data was calculated according to the CCG configurations at the time of the reporting period. Indicators have been recalculated so the denominator uses CCG configurations as of the 1st April 2017.
The errors affected the 2016 data for the following indicators:
1.2 Under 75 mortality from cardiovascular disease,
1.6 Under 75 mortality from respiratory disease,
1.7 Under 75 mortality from liver disease,
1.9 Under 75 mortality from cancer,
1.20 Mortality from breast cancer in females.
No other indicators have been affected.
In addition a secondary suppression issue affecting indicator 1.7 Under 75 mortality from liver disease has been corrected.
New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators:
- 1.4 Myocardial infarction, stroke and stage 5 chronic kidney disease in people with diabetes
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.22 Hip fracture: incidence
- 2.2 Proportion of people who are feeling supported to manage their condition
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 2.8 Complications associated with diabetes
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually need hospital admission
- 3.3 Patient reported outcome measures (PROMs) for elective procedures
- 3.4 Emergency admissions for children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific hospital admissions
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmission to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admission
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in employment
- 5.1 Patient safety incidents
The following indicators have been signposted to publications with new data periods:
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. Difficile
The following indicators have not been updated with new data periods due to availability of data:
- 1.2 Under 75 mortality from cardiovascular disease
- 1.6 Under 75 mortality from respiratory disease
- 1.7 Under 75 mortality from liver disease
- 1.9 Under 75 mortality from cancer
- 1.20 Mortality from breast cancer in females
- 3.5 People who have had a stroke who are admitted to an acute stroke unit within 4 hours of arrival to hospital
- 3.6 People who have had an acute stroke who receive thrombolysis
- 3.7 People with stroke who are discharged from hospital with a joint health and social care plan
- 3.8 People who have a follow-up assessment between 4 and 8 months after initial admission for stroke
- 3.9 People who have had an acute stroke who spend 90% or more of their stay on a stroke unit
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip files in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set. A link is provided in the resources section below.
An interactive data visualisation is published, available via the resource link below.
Last edited: 21 December 2021 8:31 am