We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - March 2019Open data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 21 Mar 2019
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups, Country
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
Update March 2019:
There is an ongoing review by NHS Digital of emergency readmissions indicators across the frameworks, many of which have not been published since 2014. Phase one of this review involved the publication of two indicators on March 21 2019; CCG Outcomes Indicator Set indicator 3.2 and NHS Outcomes Framework indicator 3b – Emergency readmissions within 30 days of discharge from hospital. This will be followed by the publication of Compendium emergency readmissions indicators in April / May 2019.
Phase two of the review will involve a full review of the indicator to address known issues and refine the methodology, this will include input from external parties.
New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators:
- 1.2 Under 75 mortality from cardiovascular disease
- 1.6 Under 75 mortality from respiratory disease
- 1.7 Under 75 mortality from liver disease
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.9 Under 75 mortality from cancer
- 1.21 All-cause mortality – 12 months following a first emergency admission to hospital for heart failure in people aged 16 and over
- 1.22 Hip fracture: incidence
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually need hospital admission
- 3.2 Emergency readmissions within 30 days of discharge from hospital
- 3.4 Emergency admissions for children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific hospital admissions
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmisison to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admission
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in employment
- 5.1 Patient safety incidents
There has been a change in methodology for the under 75 mortality indicators, details of which are provided in the commentary.
The whole time series has been restated for indicator 3.2 Emergency readmissions within 30 days of discharge from hospital and has been published as Experimental statistics.
The following indicators have been signposted to publications with new data periods:
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 2.4 People with diabetes who have received nine care processes
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. Difficile
The following indicators have not been updated with new data periods due to availability of data:
- 1.5 Mortality within 30 days of hospital admission for stroke
- 1.10 One-year survival from all cancers
- 3.10.ii Hip fracture: proportion of patients recovering to their previous levels of mobility/walking ability at 120 days
- 3.11 Hip fracture: collaborative orthogeriatric care
- 3.12 Hip fracture: timely surgery
- 3.13 Hip fracture: multifactorial risk assessment
- 3.18 Hip fracture: care process composite indicator
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip files in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set publication. A link is provided in the resources section below. An interactive data visualisation is published, available via the resource link below.