We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - March 2018Open data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 22 Mar 2018
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups, Country
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators:
- 1.5 Mortality within 30 days of hospital admission for stroke
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.10 One year survival from all cancers
- 1.21 All-cause mortality - 12 months following a first emergency admission to hospital for heart failure in people aged 16 and over
- 1.22 Hip fracture: incidence
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually need hospital admission
- 3.4 Emergency admissions for children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific hospital admissions
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmisison to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admission
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in employment
- 5.1 Patient safety incidents
The following indicators have been signposted to publications with new data periods:
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 2.4 People with diabetes who have received nine care processes
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. Difficile
The following indicator has not been updated as it is undergoing methodological review:
- 2.10 Access to psychological therapies services by people from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip files in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set. A link is provided in the resources section below.
For the first time an interactive data visualisation is published, available via the resource link below.