We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - March 2017Open data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 23 Mar 2017
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
This release includes the publication of one new indicator
- 2.4 People with diabetes who have received nine care processes
New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators:
- 1.5 Mortality within 30 days of hospital admission for stroke
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.10 One-year survival from all cancers
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 1.21 All-cause mortality - 12 months following a first emergency admission to hospital for heart failure in people aged 16 and over
- 1.22 Hip fracture: incidence
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually require hospital admission
- 3.4 Emergency admissions for children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific hospital admissions
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmission to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admission
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in employment
- 5.1 Patient safety incidents
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. difficile
Data periods have not been updated as planned for the following indicators:
- 1.4 Myocardial infarction, stroke and stage 5 chronic kidney disease in people with diabetes
- 1.26 Low birth weight of term babies
- 2.8 Complications associated with diabetes
Indicators 1.4, 1.26 and 2.8 are not being updated due to the respective data sets not being available at the time of publication. It is anticipated these will be updated in the June 2017 CCG OIS release.
- 1.1 Potential years of life lost (PYLL) from causes considered amenable to healthcare
- 2.11a Percentage of referrals to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services which indicated a reliable recovery following completion of treatment
- 2.11b Percentage of referrals to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services which indicated a reliable improvement following completion of treatment
- 2.11c Percentage of referrals to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services which indicated a reliable deterioration following completion of treatment
Indicators 1.1, 2.11a, 2.11b and 2.11c are not being updated at present due to ongoing methodological review. Once the reviews are complete, the indicators will be updated.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set. A link is provided in the resources section below.