CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - March 2014Open data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 27 Mar 2014
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes. They therefore help CCGs and HWBs to understand where they may need to focus their efforts to improve services and outcomes.
** Note (09/04/14): An issue has been identified concerning 2010-11 data for indicator 3.2 Emergency readmissions within 30 days of discharge from hospital. All data for 2010-11 was affected by this issue.
This data has been updated on 9 April 2014.
**Note (18/09/14): An issue has been identified concerning 2011-12 and 2012-13 data values for NHS Hartlepool and Stockton-On-Tees CCG for indicator 2.9 Access to community mental health services by people from Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) groups.
This data has been corrected on 18 September 2014.
This release sees the publication of the following indicators for the first time:
- 1.4 Myocardial infarction, stroke and stage 5 kidney disease in people with diabetes
- 1.14 Smoking status at time of delivery
- 2.1 Health-related quality of life for people with long-term conditions
- 2.5 People with diabetes diagnosed less than one year referred to structured education
- 2.8 Complications associated with diabetes including emergency admission for diabetic ketoacidosis and lower limb amputation
- 2.9 Access to community mental health services by people from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups
- 2.15 Health-related quality of life for carers
The following existing indicators have been updated with new data periods:
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually require hospital admission
- 3.4 Emergency admissions to hospital of children with lower respiratory tract infections (LRTIs)
- 3.2 Emergency readmissions within 30 days of discharge from hospital
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. difficile
The following indicator has been released with revised methodology, as well as a new data period:
- 2.2 Proportion of people feeling supported to manage their condition
In addition, this release also sees a new breakdown for condition at CCG level, for the following indicator:
- 1.1 Potential Years of Life Lost (PYLL) from causes considered amenable to healthcare
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set. A link is provided in the resources section below.