CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - June 2017Open data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 22 Jun 2017
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators:
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 1.17 Record of stage of cancer at diagnosis
- 1.18 Percentage of cancers detected at stage 1 and 2
- 1.19 Record of lung cancer stage at decision to treat
- 1.22 Hip fracture incidence
- 1.25 Neonatal mortality and stillbirths
- 1.26 Low birth weight of full-term babies
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually need hospital admission
- 3.4 Emergency admissions for children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific admissions
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmission to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admissions
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in employment
- 5.3 Incidents of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidents of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. Difficile
Data periods have not been updated as planned for the following indicators:
- 1.4 Myocardial infarction, stroke and stage 5 chronic kidney disease in people with diabetes
- 2.8 Complications associated with diabetes
- 3.16 Unplanned readmissions to mental health services within 30 days of a mental health inpatient discharge in people aged 17 and over
Indicators 1.4, 2.8 and 3.16 are not being updated due to the respective data sets not being available at the time of publication. It is anticipated these will be updated in the September 2017 CCG OIS release.
- 2.5 People with diabetes diagnosed less than a year who are referred to structured education
Indicator 2.5 is not being updated at present due to ongoing methodological review. Once the review has been completed, the indicator will be updated.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set. A link is provided in the resources section below.