We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - December 2019Open data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 13 Dec 2019
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups, Country
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
NHS Digital are consulting on a change to the frequency of publication of the CCG OIS from quarterly to annual. Give your opinion here:
New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators:
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.22 Hip fracture: incidence
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually require a hospital admission
- 3.4 Emergency admissions for children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific hospital admissions
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmission to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admission
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in employment
The following indicators have been signposted to publications with new data periods:
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. Difficile
The following indicators have not been updated with new data periods due to availability of data:
- 1.2 Under 75 mortality from cardiovascular disease
- 1.5 Mortality within 30 days of hospital admission for stroke
- 1.6 Under 75 mortality from respiratory disease
- 1.7 Under 75 mortality from liver disease
- 1.9 Under 75 mortality from cancer
- 1.20 Mortality from breast cancer in females
- 2.2 Proportion of people who are feeling supported to manage their condition
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip files in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set publication. A link is provided in the resources section below.
An interactive data visualisation is published, available via the resource link below.