We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - December 2018Open data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 13 Dec 2018
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups, Country
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
Update January 2019:
There is an ongoing review by NHS Digital of emergency readmissions indicators across the frameworks, many of which have not been published since 2014. Phase one of this review involves the publication of two indicators in early 2019: CCG Outcomes Indicator Set indicator 3.2 and NHS Outcomes Framework indicator 3b – Emergency readmissions within 30 days of discharge from hospital.
The release for these indicators will occur in March 2019.
A summary paper providing further details of the review is available in the resources section below.
New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators:
- 3.5 People who have had a stroke who are admitted to an acute stroke unit within 4 hours of arrival to hospital
- 3.6 People who have had an acute stroke who receive thrombolysis
- 3.7 People with stroke who are discharged from hospital with a joint health and social care plan
- 3.8 People who have a follow-up assessment between 4 and 8 months after initial admission for stroke
- 3.9 People who have had an acute stroke who spend 90% or more of their stay on a stroke unit
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmisison to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admission
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in employment
The whole time series has been restated for the following indicators due to a change in methodology, details of which are provided in the commentary document.
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.22 Hip fracture: incidence
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually need hospital admission
- 3.4 Emergency admissions for children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific hospital admissions
The following indicators have been signposted to publications with new data periods:
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. Difficile
The following indicators have not been updated with new data periods due to availability of data:
- 1.2 Under 75 mortality from cardiovascular disease
- 1.6 Under 75 mortality from respiratory disease
- 1.7 Under 75 mortality from liver disease
- 1.9 Under 75 mortality from cancer
- 1.20 Mortality from breast cancer in females
- 3.10.ii Hip fracture: proportion of patients recovering to their previous levels of mobility/walking ability at 120 days
- 3.11 Hip fracture: collaborative orthogeriatric care
- 3.12 Hip fracture: timely surgery
- 3.13 Hip fracture: multifactorial risk assessment
- 3.18 Hip fracture: care process composite indicator
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip files in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set publication. A link is provided in the resources section below.
An interactive data visualisation is published, available via the resource link below.