We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - December 2016Open data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 15 Dec 2016
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
This release includes the publication of two new indicators
- 1.24 Referrals to cardiac rehabilitation within 5 days of an admission for coronary heart disease
- 1.3 Completion of cardiac rehabilitation following an admission for coronary heart disease
New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators - 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 1.22 Hip fracture: incidence
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 2.10 Access to psychological therapies services by people from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually require hospital admission
- 3.4 Emergency admissions for children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.10i Hip fracture: proportion of patients recovering to their previous levels of mobility / walking ability at 30 days
- 3.10ii Hip fracture: proportion of patients recovering to their previous levels of mobility / walking ability at 120 days
- 3.11 Hip fracture: collaborative orthogeriatric care
- 3.12 Hip fracture: timely surgery
- 3.13 Hip fracture: multifactorial risk assessment
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific hospital admissions
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmission to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admission
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in employment
- 3.18 Hip fracture: care process composite indicator
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. difficile
Data periods have not been updated as planned for the following indicators:
- 1.4 Myocardial infarction, stroke and stage 5 chronic kidney disease in people with diabetes
- 1.26 Low birth weight full-term babies
- 2.8 Complications associated with diabetes
Indicators 1.4, 1.26 and 2.8 are not being updated due to the respective data sets not being available at the time of publication. It is anticipated these will be updated in the March 2017 CCG OIS release.
- 2.9 Access to community mental health services by people from Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) groups
Indicator 2.9 requires 12 months activity information for people in contact with secondary mental health, learning disabilities and autism services in order to be constructed. As the new source of information has been collected since January 2016 this level of data is not yet available. It is anticipated this will be updated in the June 2017 CCG OIS release.
- 1.1 Potential years of life lost (PYLL) from causes considered amenable to healthcare
- 2.11a Reliable recovery following completion of treatment by IAPT services
- 2.11b Reliable improvement following completion of treatment by IAPT services
- 2.11c Reliable deterioration following completion of treatment by IAPT services
Indicators 1.1, 2.11a, 2.11b and 2.11c are not being updated at present due to on going methodological review. Once the reviews are complete, the indicators will be updated.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set. A link is provided in the resources section below.