CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - December 2015Open data, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 17 Dec 2015
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
This release includes the publication of the following CCG Outcomes Indicator Set (OIS) indicators for the first time:
- 1.25 Neonatal mortality and stillbirths
- 1.26 Low birth weight full-term babies
- 3.18 Hip fracture care process composite indicator.
New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators:
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.10 One-year survival from all cancers
- 1.13 Antenatal assessments within 13 weeks
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 1.15 Breast feeding prevalence at 6-8 weeks
- 1.22 Hip fracture: incidence
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 2.10 Access to psychological therapies services by people from Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) groups
- 2.11a The percentage of referrals to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services which indicated a reliable recovery following completion of treatment
- 2.11b The percentage of referrals to IAPT services which indicated a reliable improvement following completion of treatment
- 2.11c The percentage of referrals to IAPT services which indicated a reliable deterioration following completion of treatment
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually require hospital admission
- 3.4 Emergency admissions to hospital of children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.5 People with stroke admitted to an acute stroke unit within 4 hours of arrival to hospital
- 3.6 People who have had an acute stroke who receive thrombolysis
- 3.7 People with stroke who are discharged from hospital with a joint health and social care plan
- 3.8 People who have a follow-up assessment between 4 and 8 months after initial admission for stroke
- 3.9 People who have had an acute stroke who spend 90 per cent or more of their stay on a stroke unit
- 3.10i Hip fracture: proportion of patients recovering to their previous levels of mobility/walking ability at 30 days
- 3.10ii Hip fracture: proportion of patients recovering to their previous levels of mobility/walking ability at 120 days
- 3.11 Hip fracture: collaborative orthogeriatric care
- 3.12 Hip fracture: timely surgery
- 3.13 Hip fracture: multifactorial risk assessment
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific hospital admissions
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmission to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admission
- 3.16 Unplanned readmissions to mental health services within 30 days of a mental health inpatient discharge in people aged 17 and over
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in employment
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. difficile.
The following indicator has been re-published with revised figures:
- 2.16 Health-related quality of life for people with a long-term mental health condition.
This commentary includes:
- Analysis of three new indicators (CCG OIS 1.25, 1.26 and 3.18)
- The emergency admission indicators most recent annual figures (CCG OIS 1.8, 2.6, 2.7, 3.1, 3.4)
- And information on the re-publishing of CCG OIS 2.16 following an update in the specification.
For all relevant updated indicators, the area team breakdown has been removed and an archive file added to the respective landing pages for each data file.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set. A link is provided in the resources section below.