The information in this publication, about the breast cancer screening programme in England, is collected on two Health and Social Care Information Centre returns (formerly Department of Health returns). Screening units report the process and outcomes of the call and recall system on return KC62; and Primary Care Organisations report the population coverage of the programme on return KC63.
Breast Screening Programme, England - 2004-05Official statistics, National statistics
- Publication Date:
- 28 Feb 2006
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Strategic Health Authorities, Primary Care Organisations, Government Office Regions
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2004 to 31 Mar 2005
At 31 March 2005
- 75.5 per cent of women aged 53-64 resident in England had been screened at least once in the previous 3 years (74.9 per cent at 31 March 2004).
- In 244 of the 303 Primary Care Organisations the coverage was 70 per cent or higher (247 in 2004).
- 1.48 million women of all ages were screened within the programme.
- Over 11,960 cases of cancer were diagnosed in women of all ages screened, of which 8,570 were diagnosed in women aged 50-64.
ISBN Reference: 1-84636-038-2
Last edited: 23 August 2018 9:23 am