This report has information on residential and nursing care placements funded by councils. It shows how patterns of care differ by client group and by age. It reports on residential care funded by councils and delivered by both councils and the independent sector. This report includes analysis of the Public Service Agreement (PSA) target which relates to older people being supported intensively in their own home as an alternative to residential care. This information is also used by the Commission for Social Care Inspection to monitor the performance of social services across councils.
If you need more specific breakdowns of the data, have queries or would like to cite information contained within the report, please contact us at email@example.com or 0845 300 6016
The council tables.xls contains the following:
- S1:Council Supported Residents at 31 March by type of accommodation and client group, 2003 to 2007
- S2:Council Supported Residents Permanent and Temporary Admissions by type of accommodation and client group in 2006-07
- S3:Council Supported Residents at 31 March 2007 by type of accommodation
- S4:Council Supported Residents in CSSR and registered staffed care homes at 31 March 2007 (excludes other accommodation and adult placements)
- S5:Council Supported Residents in PERMANENT Residential and Nursing care by age group and type of care
- S6:Council Supported Residents in TEMPORARY Residential and Nursing care by age group and type of care
- S7.1:Council Supported Admissions in PERMANENT residential and nursing care by client group and type of care
- S7.2:Council Supported Transfers from TEMPORARY to PERMANENT care by age group and type of care
- S7.3:Council Supported Transfers to PERMANENT Residential care from PERMANENT Nursing care and vice versa by age group and type of care
- S8:Council Supported Admissions in Temporary Residential and Nursing care by client group and type of care
- S9:Council Supported Admissions to Residential and Nursing care by type of stay, type of care and age
- S10:Residents supported outside the CSSR area at 31 March 2007 for all ages by type of care and client group
- S11:Number and admissions of Adult Placements
- P1: Comparison of PSA value1 on intensive home care as an alternative to residential accommodation 2005-06 to 2006-07.
This publication has been revised on 12th June 2009 due to an error found in the calculations used to estimate data. Councils now have missing data where they have not been able to supply information and the England totals have been adjusted. This mainly affects Chapter 4 - Admissions and Transfers and Chapter 5 - Out of Area Placements.