The National Cancer Waiting Times Monitoring Data Set (NCWTMDS) is used to:
- monitor timed pathways of care for cancer patients
- manage pathways of care for cancer patients
- performance manage elective services for cancer patients
- report against the requirements of the NHS Operating Framework for cancer waiting times
- support the right to access cancer services within the NHS Constitution
- produce national, official and local statistics for cancer patients
- support investment planning for cancer services.
Version 2.0 introduces changes to support the Faster Diagnosis operational standard and the updated Breach Allocation policy. In addition, it announces the change of collection system. The changes are scheduled to be implemented from 1 April 2018. Full details are in the Change Specification (below).
This information standard is published under section 250 of the Health and Social Care Act 2012. An Information Standards Notice (see below) provides an overview of scope and implementation timescales, and the other documents provide further detail for those who have to implement the information standard.