The National Cancer Waiting Times Monitoring Data Set (NCWTMDS) is used to:
- monitor timed pathways of care for cancer patients
- manage pathways of care for cancer patients
- performance manage elective services for cancer patients
- report against the requirements of the NHS Operating Framework for cancer waiting times
- support the right to access cancer services within the NHS Constitution
- produce national, official and local statistics for cancer patients
- support investment planning for cancer services.
Note: At the time of publication of version 2.1, the implementation and conformance dates are subject to change depending on the need for continuing frontline investment in COVID-19 activity. Any change will be agreed between the DCB and the developers, and will be announced on this page and through our notifications.
This information standard is published under section 250 of the Health and Social Care Act 2012. An Information Standards Notice (see below) provides an overview of scope and implementation timescales, and the other documents provide further detail for those who have to implement the information standard.