About this information standard
The National Cancer Waiting Times Monitoring Data Set (NCWTMDS) is used to:
- monitor timed pathways of care for cancer patients
- manage pathways of care for cancer patients
- performance manage elective services for cancer patients
- report against the requirements of the NHS Operating Framework for cancer waiting times
- support the right to access cancer services within the NHS Constitution
- produce national, official and local statistics for cancer patients
- support investment planning for cancer services.
This information standard is published under section 250 of the Health and Social Care Act 2012. An Information Standards Notice (see below) provides an overview of scope and implementation timescales, and the other documents provide further detail for those who have to implement the information standard.
Update 17 December 2020: At the time of publication of version 2.1 (2 April 2020) the implementation and conformance dates of this standard were noted by the Data Coordination Board as being subject to change depending on the need for continuing frontline investment in COVID-19 activity.
As of 17 December 2020, the conformance date has been extended by one month and full conformance is now expected with the submission of the December 2020 reporting activity between 6 January 2021 and 2 February 2021. The Requirements Specification, Change Specification and Implementation Guidance have been updated to reflect this and the updated copies are available below (dated December 2020).
Last edited: 6 January 2021 10:19 am