The work has been overseen and endorsed by the Clinical Imaging Management Group (CIMG). It has representation from the following stakeholders:
- Department of Health
- British Medical Association
- British Nuclear Medicine Society
- NHS Digital
- NHS England
- Regional NHS representatives
- Representatives of trusts in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Royal College of Radiologists (including a number of special interest groups)
- Society of Radiographers
- System suppliers
The NICIP code set and associated documentation are available for download via TRUD (a website which allows NHS Digital to license and distribute reference data).
Clinicians and system managers working with the Picture Archiving Communication Systems and Radiology Information Systems can make requests for additions to the NICIP code set via the request submission portal.
All requests will be reviewed by terminologists at NHS Digital against existing NICIP content and the under-pinning editorial principles.
Read the covering letter from the guidance below before submitting any requests. It summarises the main changes since the previous version.