NHS WiFi provides a secure, stable, and reliable WiFi capability, consistent across thousands of NHS care settings across England.
Having a reliable, consistent and secure connection to the internet through NHS Wifi has a range of benefits for patients and staff. It helps everyone use the increasing range of digital services available, making care more efficient and helping patients take control of their own health and care. The programme has now been completed. It was an NHS Digital managed infrastructure programme, which ensured that trusts and GP practices were NHS WiFi enabled. How individual trusts and GP practices take advantage of the NHS WiFi platform to deliver healthcare benefits to patients is totally dependent on local innovation.
Patients are using NHS WiFi to:
- access personal health records
- use health apps
- interact with patient support networks
- manage appointments and medication requests
- manage conditions online, and research their conditions
- use health-based information services
- keep in touch with friends and family while receiving care, especially when the 3G/4G mobile signal is weak or non-existent
Clinician and NHS staff benefits
Health and care workers are using NHS WiFi to:
- access information on the move, including increased access to summary care records
- direct patients to online support
- connect their mobile devices to deliver care
- offer online consultations
Case studies of benefits of free NHS WiFi
Trusts and CCGs that haven't yet gone live with NHS WiFi
The programme has now completed, and a reduced NHS Digital team is working with the few remaining CCGs and trusts who have not yet put free NHS WiFi in place. These organisations will all be live by December 2019.
You can still access our guidance and technical specifications - see How to set up NHS WiFi.
If you are having issues with performance of or access to NHS WiFi solution in your area, please contact the IT helpdesk of your local CCG (GP practices) or Trust (hospitals) directly.
Landing page and local content
NHS.UK are now working to make local content available through the existing NHS WiFi landing page. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.