We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
- offer advice on running and commissioning surveys
- commission and manage whole surveys on your behalf
- include additional questions or demographic boosts in existing surveys
By drawing on our data expertise and surveys experience, we can provide:
- independently conducted surveys that result in trustworthy data
- high quality and timely data
- a central national capacity for health surveys - this saves resource in other local and national organisations
Costs for this service
There is no charge for this data apart from when a bespoke version of the product has been requested.
Find out more about the development of our current surveys:
Guidance on producing UK level child obesity statistics.
Health Survey for England Bloodbank - apply to use blood samples taken as part of the Health Survey England for research.
Examples of surveys that we run
National surveys funded by the NHS Digital include:
Large surveys that we run on behalf of other organisations include:
- Adult Dental Health Survey
- Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey
- National Study of Health and Wellbeing: Children and Young People
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders in Adults
- Children's Dental Health Survey
- Survey of Carers in Households - 2009/10 England
- The Infant Feeding Survey (covering England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- What About Youth?
Other surveys of interest include:
- National Maternity Survey Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey
- Mental Health: ethnic minorities, looked after children and prisoners
- Questions on general health, use of services and smoking and drinking prevalence were included in the ONS General Lifestyles Survey and in the ONS Opinions and Lifestyle Survey.
Have a question about the Health Surveys Service? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why and how we process your data within the Health Surveys Service, and your rights.