View our live collections timetable to find out about current collection schedules.
Service information - find out what information we collect, along with GP payments for services.
To support the response to the coronavirus outbreak, NHS Digital has been legally directed to collect and analyse healthcare information about patients, including from their GP record, for the duration of the coronavirus emergency period. See GPES data for pandemic planning and research (COVID-19) for more information.
Organisations we collect information for include:
The systems that we use to collect data and information include:
We gather information and data, which is copied it to our systems. Data is collected automatically over a specified period of time - this is known as an extract. We normally use the following process:
1. GPs record activity in their clinical systems for the services they provide.
2. NHS England, or another organisation, requests information about a particular GP service.
3. NHS England area teams offer GPs the option to participate in collections for that service.
4. GPs agree to participate in collections for that service on CQRS.
5. We collect information from GP clinical systems using GPES over a specified period.
6. If required, GP staff enter information manually into CQRS.
7. We display the information we collect in CQRS.
8. GPs check that the information collected is the same as is in their clinical system.
9. If it's payment related, GPs 'declare' information from the collection to Regional Local Offices - who approve via CQRS.
10. We provide the information to the organisation that requested it.
Some GP information needs to be inputted by hand into CQRS, including some Enhanced Services. This is either because the service hasn't yet been set up for automated collection, or the organisation requesting the information hasn't chosen this method.
Once entered, manually collected information is processed and displayed in CQRS in the same way as automatically collected data. We advise GPs in advance if a service needs to be manually inputted and we provide CQRS user guides explaining this process.
Throughout the year, the Calculating Quality Reporting Service (CQRS) releases team deploy a number of releases to introduce enhancements and fix problems.
Find out how we handle requests for General Practice (GP) information.
NHS Digital are responsible for producing and maintaining the extraction specification (business rules) for Quality and Outcome Framework (QOF), Enhanced Services (ES), Vaccinations and Immunisations V&I, certain elements of Core Contact (CC) and other services commissioned by the Department of Health.
Find guidance, support material and information about GP Collections.
Find out which services we collect, along with payment categories.