- From the search results, click on a UBRN to open the referral you want to review
Note: Any ‘Related Referrals’ will be available from a link at the bottom left corner of this screen
- Clinicians can record the triage assessment by selecting ‘Record Triage Outcome’ button located at the bottom right of the screen, for the 'Record Triage Outcome' screen to display
- Select the appropriate triage outcome option from the drop-down box (see below for further explanation on the outcome options)
- Use the comments box to add any further information or instructions
- Add further information using the ‘Add Attachment’ link, if required
- Click on ‘Submit’
Triage outcome options
Refer/Book Now - Accepts the referral into the service and continues to the service search screen where you can shortlist services for the patient to be booked into. The shortlisting must happen as part of this action, if you want to ask your admin staff to continue with this then use the ‘Accept and refer/book later’ option.
Accept and refer/book later - Accepts the referral into the service and puts the referral onto the ‘Appointments for Booking’ worklist for admin staff to book an appointment for the patient. This enables you to give instructions to admin staff regarding which service the referral needs to be booked into.
Return to referrer with advice - If the referral is not appropriate for the service or if further information is required from the referrer prior to acceptance, the referral can be sent back to the referring clinician with comments from the provider clinician, explaining why it does not need an appointment and any onward management instructions for the referring clinician.
Last edited: 1 April 2020 9:02 am