This privacy statement relates to services provided by NHS Digital.
This is a privacy statement for the NHS e-Referral Service user survey for use by professionals that have used the NHS e-Referral Service professional web application for managing patient referrals.
This privacy statement is also for professionals that choose to take part in the NHS e-Referral Service user research panel. As a research panel member, you will have the opportunity to take part in online surveys, one-to-one interviews, web usability tests and discussion groups. We may follow up with you to ask about how your particular experience was of using the NHS e-Referral Service as a professional user.
The NHS e-Referral Service user research team understands your needs as an individual to ensure that your data is being held in a responsible way and we aim to reassure you that every reasonable step is being taken to secure your personal information.
Please ensure that you have read this statement carefully and contact the NHS e-Referral Service programme team at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns relating to this privacy statement.
This privacy statement explains the following:
- who we are
- what information we collect
- how we use your information
- what legal basis we have for processing your personal data
- when we share your personal data
- where we store and process personal data
- how we secure personal data
- how long we keep your personal data for
- your rights in relation to personal data
- how to contact us
How we secure personal data
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We have set up security measures, policies and procedures such as:
- all our survey data is stored securely in line with the General Data Protection Regulations
- only allowing access to survey data to specific NHS Digital staff
- compulsory information governance training completed every year for all NHS Digital staff members and contractors
While in transit, the information you share with us by completing a survey is done so using a secure, encrypted HTTPS connection. We have procedures in place to keep your information secure once we have it.
However, no software or application can be completely secure, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your information while it is in transit. If you have any concerns that your information could have been compromised, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights in relation to personal data
We respect your rights to access and control the personal data that we hold about you, as required by Data Protection Legislation. This includes:
- right to be informed
- right to get access to it
- right to rectify or change it
- right to restrict or stop processing it
You can exercise these rights at any time by emailing the NHS e-Referral Service programme team on email@example.com. Any requests for information will be acknowledged within one working day.
If you no longer want to take part in the patient user panel, you can withdraw your information by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not have to provide a reason to withdraw.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have managed your data, contact details for the Regulator are provided below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Last edited: 7 September 2021 7:46 am