NHS Surplus Land - 2017/18 England [PAS]
This is part of NHS Surplus LandOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 14 Jun 2018
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Ambulance Trusts, Care Trusts, Hospital Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, NHS Trusts
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2017 to 31 Mar 2018
The Surplus Land collection has existed since 2008 to provide information to the Department of Health and Social Care, Homes England and the Office of Government Property (OGP), on sites that can be disposed of, thereby contributing to the Public Land for Housing Programme. The collection monitors the contribution made by the NHS to Government targets on release of publicly owned land and the targets for contributions of income from public sector land sales.
◦ Of the 232 Trusts that submitted a return, 166 reported having plots of surplus land and 66 reported that they had no surplus land.
◦ Overall, 718 plots of land totalling 1,749.4 hectares were declared as surplus to requirements (excludes plots declared as 'No longer surplus').
◦ Issues of sensitivity were declared in relation to 143 plots of surplus land (including those declared as 'no longer surplus').