NHS Sickness Absence Rates December 2017 Provisional Statistics
This is part of NHS Sickness Absence RatesOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 24 Apr 2018
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Ambulance Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Hospital Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, NHS Trusts, Health Education England Region, Regions
- Date range:
- 30 Apr 2009 to 31 Dec 2017
This statistical bulletin relates to sickness absence rates for staff at NHS organisations on the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) October 2017 to December 2017.
• Between October and December 2017, the average sickness absence rate for the NHS in England was 4.43 (per cent), a decrease on the same period in 2016.
• The North West HEE region had the highest average sickness absence rate at 5.05 (per cent). North West London and North Central and East London HEE regions had the lowest average at 3.58 (per cent).
• Healthcare Assistants and Other Support Staff were the staff group with the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 6.67 (per cent). Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting Learners had the lowest average at 1.03 (per cent).
• Amongst types of organisation, Ambulance had the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 5.74 (per cent). Special Health Authority had the lowest average with a rate of 2.91 (per cent).