National Diabetes Audit - Care Processes and Treatment Targets, January to September 2019Audit
- Publication Date:
- 13 Feb 2020
- Geographic Coverage:
- England, Wales
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups, GP practices
- Date Range:
- 01 Jan 2019 to 30 Sep 2019
This is the quarterly release of data from the National Diabetes Audit (NDA). It is the mid-year data release for the second extraction of NDA 2019-20 data. It shows progress to date covering the period 1 January to 30 September 2019. The first data extraction was withdrawn this year so that the delayed biannual SNOMED code release could be incorporated into the NDA 2019-20 extract.
Quarterly data release summary:
• First data extraction releases will cover the six month period 1 January to 30 June;
• Second data extraction releases will cover the nine month period 1 January to 30 September;
• Third data extraction releases will cover the twelve month period 1 January to 31 December;
• The full audit year report will continue to cover the fifteen month period 1 January to 31 March the following year.
This quarterly release of data should not be used to assess performance against the annual processes as it does not include the full fifteen month audit period. It shows partial year progress against care processes and treatment targets. It also provides the latest position on structured education. It therefore can be used as an operational planning tool to assess progress to date.
Care process completion is expected to increase before the end of the year. Treatment target achievement is calculated from the latest reading for each target, so achievement may go down or up. The recording of structured education may also increase.
The complete audit year performance, covering 1 January 2019 to 31 March 2020, will be made available later in the year.
The data published here is for English GP practices only. The complete audit year publications will include Welsh GP practices, as well as participating specialist diabetes services in England.
The data has not been through the full data assurance process that is carried out on the annual data, but is a provisional reflection of progress over this partial year period.