National Diabetes Audit - Care Processes and Treatment Targets, 1st Quarter ,January to June 2020Audit, Survey, Other reports and statistics, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 12 Nov 2020
- Geographic Coverage:
- England, Wales
- Geographical Granularity:
- NHS Trusts, Primary Care Organisations, Hospital Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Country, Strategic Health Authorities, Primary Care Trusts, NHS Health Boards, Local Authorities, GP practices, Dental practices, Pharmacies and clinics
- Date Range:
- 01 Jan 2020 to 30 Jun 2020
This is the quarterly release of data from the National Diabetes Audit (NDA). It is the mid-year data release for the first extraction of NDA 2020-21 data. It shows progress to date covering the period 1 January to 30 June 2020.
Quarterly data release summary:
• First data extraction releases will cover the six month period 1 January to 30 June;
• Second data extraction releases will cover the nine month period 1 January to 30 September;
• Third data extraction releases will cover the twelve month period 1 January to 31 December;
• The full audit year report will continue to cover the fifteen month period 1 January to 31 March the following year.
This quarterly release of data should not be used to assess performance against the annual processes as it does not include the full fifteen month audit period. It shows partial year progress against care processes and treatment targets. It also provides the latest position on structured education. It therefore can be used as an operational planning tool to assess progress to date.
Care process completion is expected to increase before the end of the year. Treatment target achievement is calculated from the latest reading for each target, so achievement may go down or up.
Structured education data is reported for calendar year 2019. As the data in this report only covers up to June 2020, it means that people who were diagnosed with diabetes from July to December 2019 would not have had the full 12 month opportunity to be offered or attend structured education.
The complete audit year performance, covering 1 January 2020 to 31 March 2021, is scheduled to be made available in 2021.
The data published here is for English GP practices only. The complete audit year publications will include Welsh GP practices, as well as participating specialist diabetes services in England.
The data has not been through the full data assurance process that is carried out on the annual data but is a provisional reflection of progress over this partial year period.
Please note that there is a potential issue with the SNOMED codes used to identify if a person has had their creatinine diabetes care process check. Two creatinine plasma codes were removed from the NDA creatinine code set during the universal SNOMED code refresh. This has affected creatinine care process completion percentages for organisations/areas that still use these codes. To resolve the issue, the NDA business rules are currently being amended to add these code into future NDA data extractions.