National Diabetes Audit - Care Processes and Treatment Targets, Third Quarter, January 2018 to December 2018
This is part of National Diabetes AuditAudit
- Publication date:
- 11 Jul 2019
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups, GP practices
- Date range:
- 01 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018
This is the first quarterly release of data from the National Diabetes Audit (NDA) This is the quarter three mid-year data release for the 2018/19 NDA. It shows progress to date covering the period 1 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018.
In future quarterly data releases:
• Quarter one data releases will cover the six month period 1 Jan to 30 June;
• Quarter two data releases will cover the nine month period 1 Jan to 30 Sep;
• Quarter three data releases will cover the twelve month period 1 Jan to 31 Dec;
• The full audit year report will continue to cover the fifteen month period 1 Jan to 31 Mar the following year.
This quarterly release of data should not be used to assess performance against the annual processes as it does not include the full fifteen month audit period. It shows partial year progress against care processes and treatment targets. It also provides the latest position on structured education.
Care process completion is expected to increase before the end of the year. Treatment target achievement is calculated from the latest reading for each target, so achievement may go down or up. The recording of structured education may also increase.
The complete audit year performance, covering 1 Jan 2018 to 31 Mar 2019, will be made available later in the year.
The data published here is for English GP practices only. The complete audit year publications will include Welsh GP practices, as well as participating specialist diabetes services in England.
The data has not been through the full data assurance process that is carried out on the annual data, but is a provisional reflection of progress over this partial year period.