[MI] Coronavirus Shielded Patient List Summary Totals, England
This is part of [MI] Coronavirus Shielded Patient List Summary Totals, EnglandOpen data
- Publication Date:
- 28 May 2020
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups, Local Authorities
- Date Range:
- Snapshot on 20 May 2020
This is a release of management information for anonymous summary data for those patients that have been identified on the Shielded Patient List (SPL). Its purpose is to make the summary data available to a wider audience as open data to enable a broad base of users to perform analysis from it.
The purpose behind releasing this data is to present regional and local data to allow for its use in public health. It will also allow for greater analysis, modelling and planning to be performed using the latest data to aid in the response to the pandemic. We will update this weekly and we would welcome your feedback to help us develop our open data sets.
The data that is published is based on version 8 of the SPL clinical algorithm, with the data extracted as at 20 May 2020.
as at 20th May 2020
as at 20th May 2020
+ All patients that have been identified by GPs and hospital doctors
+ All patients identified using the clinical algorithm
- All patients where a GP or hospital doctor tells us that a person is not clinically extremely vulnerable have been removed
- All patients who have specifically asked to be removed from the list have been removed
- All deceased patients were removed using PDS – accepting one or both of the “informal” and “formal” notification of death flags
- This data does not include those patients that have self-referred on the SPL.
If a patient is added or deducted by both a GP and hospital, it is the latest request that is reported and this takes precedence over the algorithm.
This analysis has exclusions at each level of geography meaning that the totals across CCG and Local Authority may not be the same and may not match the total number of patients shown above.
CCG data only includes those patients who are resident in an English CCG. Non-English and invalid/unknown CCGs are excluded.
Local Authority data only include those patients who are resident in English local authorities. Non-English and invalid/unknown local authorities are excluded.
In order to protect patient confidentiality '*' appears in the table above for all sub-national breakdowns, where it is possible to calculate a value between 1 and 7 from the data presented. All other sub-national data has been rounded to the nearest 5. For the purposes of disclosure control some local authorities have been combined to create larger areas, these are;
- Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
- Hackney and City of London