+ All patients that have been identified by GPs and hospital doctors
+ All patients identified using the clinical algorithm
- All patients where a GP or hospital doctor tells us that a person is not clinically extremely vulnerable have been removed
- All patients who have specifically asked to be removed from the list have been removed
- All deceased patients were removed using PDS – accepting one or both of the “informal” and “formal” notification of death flags
- This data does not include those patients that have self-referred on the SPL.
If a patient is added or deducted by both a GP and hospital, it is the latest request that is reported and this takes precedence over the algorithm.
This analysis has exclusions at each level of geography meaning that the totals across CCG and Local Authority may not be the same and may not match the total number of patients shown above.
CCG data only includes those patients who are resident in an English CCG. Non-English and invalid/unknown CCGs are excluded.
Local Authority data only include those patients who are resident in English local authorities. Non-English and invalid/unknown local authorities are excluded.
There are 13 disease groups as defined in the SPL clinical algorithm that have been signed off by the Chief Medical Officer (CMO). These disease groups are assigned to patients using the clinical algorithm but can also be assigned when a patient is added by a GP or hospital doctor.
Data cannot and should not be summed across disease groups. A patient can be in multiple disease groups therefore the number of patients on the list will not equal the sum of patients within each disease group.
In order to protect patient confidentiality '*' appears in the table above for all sub-national breakdowns, where it is possible to calculate a value between 1 and 7 from the data presented. All other sub-national data has been rounded to the nearest 5. For the purposes of disclosure control some local authorities have been combined to create larger areas, these are;
- Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
- Hackney and City of London