Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation), March 2018, Provisional Statistics
This is part of Learning Disability Services StatisticsExperimental statistics
- Publication date:
- 26 Apr 2018
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Date range:
- 01 Mar 2015 to 31 Mar 2018
This statistical release published by NHS Digital makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autistic spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned by the NHS in England.
The release comprises:
•A report which presents England level analysis of key measures.
•A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level.
•A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure.
•An excel reference data tables showing data as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated from March 2015 onwards.
•An easy read version of the report highlighting key findings in an easy-to-understand way.
We hope this information is helpful and would be grateful if you could spare a couple of minutes to complete a short customer satisfaction survey. Please use the link to the form at the bottom of this page to provide us with any feedback or suggestions for improving the report.
Data collected at the end of March 2018 show that:
· 2,365 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period.
· Around 9 per cent of these patients were Under 18 and around 2 per cent were 65 and over.
· There were more males than females in this month (74 per cent were male).
· There were 105 admissions to hospital; of these 15 were readmissions within a year of the previous discharge and 25 were transfers from other specialist hospitals.
· 1,440 had a total length of stay of over 2 years.