Percentage of emergency admissions to any hospital in England occurring within 30 days of the last, previous discharge from hospital with specific diagnosis: indirectly standardised by age, sex, method of admission and diagnosis group.
The following diagnoses are used:
● Fractured proximal femur (based on ICD-10 codes: S72.0, S72.1 and S72.2) for all ages broken down by gender: male only, female only and persons
● Stroke (based on ICD-10 codes: I61* to I64*) for all ages broken down by gender: male only, female only and persons.
Results for each of these groups are also split by the following geographical and demographic breakdowns:
● Local authority of residence.
● Area classification.
● NHS and private providers.
● NHS England regions.
● Deprivation (Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) Quintiles, 2019).
● Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STP) & Integrated Care Boards (ICB) from 2016/17.
● Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG) & sub-Integrated Care Boards (sub-ICB).
All datasets are annual trends indirectly standardised against 2013/14.