The Contract Monitoring information standards are a set of standards being introduced by NHS England and NHS Improvement, initially on a voluntary basis, to enable national consistency of the flow of cost and activity information from providers to commissioners. The standards are:
- DCB2050 Aggregate Contract Monitoring
- DCB3003 Patient Level Contract Monitoring
- DCB3002 Devices Patient Level Contract Monitoring
- DCB2212 Drugs Patient Level Contract Monitoring.
Having national standards to support contract monitoring will:
- reduce burden
- allow simpler and more consistent reporting
- allow easier reconciliation and validation of invoices
- provide support for service change planning and hospital capacity analysis
- improve forecasting
- allow greater monitoring of equity of access to services.
These information standards are published under section 250 of the Health and Social Care Act 2012. An Information Standards Notice for each standard (see below) provides an overview of scope and implementation timescales, and the other documents provide further detail for those who have to implement the information standards.
Additional guidance documentation is available on the NHS England website: https://www.england.nhs.uk/nhs-standard-contract/dc-reporting
Update 5 December 2019:
- Minor changes have been made to the Aggregate and Patient Level standards and new documents have been added (below). Note that the full description of the change is included in each Information Standards Notice, there is no separate change specification.
- In addition, there has been a minor change to the NHS Data Model and Dictionary in relation to the Drugs standard (the association of THERAPEUTIC INDICATION CODE to SNOMED CT) and an updated Data Dictionary Change Request has been added to this item below. This change has no impact on the other publication documents. There are no changes to the Devices standard.
In the event of issues or questions about any of these standards, please contact the developers at NHS England and NHS Improvement: email@example.com.