We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
This provides an indication of the outcomes or quality of care delivered to NHS patients and has been collected by all providers of NHS-funded care since April 2009.
The PROMs publications contain provider level data and data for England and CCGs. Registered providers can access data on a monthly basis via our provider extract service. Publications occur biannually in February and August and are provisional until the data set is declared finalised.
Following changes to the reporting schedule for publications finalised full-year data will now be published six months earlier. Previously published in August, this will now be February. This decision was made due to address reporting needs amongst key users of the data for calculating more-timely finalised PROMS data.
PROMs data was collected on varicose vein and groin hernia procedures in England, however following on from the NHS England Consultation on PROMs, collection of these procedures ceased on 1 October 2017. Finalised data for varicose vein and groin hernia procedures for 2016/17 and for April 2017-September 2017 has now been published. Historical data will be unaffected.
Latest provisional data
Data at provider and clinical commissioning group (CCG) levels, with interactive analysis tools and CSV data files that can be used to perform further analyses on our data, plus a national level overview.
- Provisional data release for hip and knee replacement procedures, covering April 2019 - March 2020 (published August 2020)
Finalised PROMs data releases
An annual publication is produced for each final data year, including a full report with extended analyses, as well as interactive analysis tools and CSV data files that can be used to perform local analyses on our data
- 2018-19 PROMS final publication for hip and knee replacements (published February 2020)
- 2017-18 PROMS final publication for hip and knee replacements (published February 2019)
- 2016-17 PROMS final publication for hip and knee replacements (published August 2018)
- April 2017 – September 2017 PROMS final publication for groin hernia and varicose vein procedures (published June 2018)
- 2016-17 PROMS final publication for groin hernia and varicose vein procedures (published February 2018)
- 2015-16 PROMs final publication (published August 2017)
- 2014-15 PROMs final publication (published August 2016)
- 2013-14 PROMs final publication (published August 2015)
- 2012-13 PROMs final publication (published August 2014)
- 2011-12 PROMs final publication (published October 2013)
- 2010-11 PROMs final publication (published August 2012)
- 2009-10 PROMs final publication (published August 2011)
PROMs Data Quality Dashboard
There has been some changes to the data quality dashboards and we will now be publishing the report as an interactive Power BI visualisation via the link below. As this is now a public report, this means that the disclosure control rules have been applied to the data to protect patient confidentiality. Further details about the disclosure control rules can be found within the Power BI report.
PROMs Special Topics
PROMs special topics are extended analyses of finalised PROMs data.
The consultation on changes to NHS Digital Statistics 2016/17 - 2018/19 proposed to discontinue the PROMs special topics as a regular production. This proposal was not objected to in the feedback to the consultation, however it is intended that special topics will still continue to be released on an ad-hoc basis where there is a recognised need. Please refer to the consultation outcomes report for further information.
Special topics based on finalised 2013-14 PROMs data
Special topics based on finalised 2012-13 PROMs data
Special topics based on finalised 2011-12 PROMs data
Special topics based on finalised 2010-11 PROMs data
Special topics based on finalised 2009-10 PROMs data
Consultation on changes to NHS Digital Statistics 2016/17 - 2018/19 (September 2016)