Open access test environment for Spine, Opentest
We can't set up new users at the moment, but we expect to be able to do so soon.
If you are developing healthcare applications, you can test them by connecting them to our Spine test environment, Opentest. It contains clinical and demographic test data, and gives you access to a real Spine 2 core instance and all spine-based national NHS services, including:
- Personal Demographics Service (PDS)
- Personal Spine Information Service (PSIS)
- Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
- Access Control Service (ACS) and message forwarding
- Child Protection - Information Sharing (CP-IS)
- Insight Segmentation and Registration Toolkit (ITK) services
- Care Identity Service authentication
- Messaging tools
Opentest is accessed through a VPN. You don't need to have an N3 connection or a working system to get access. We can't set up new users at the moment but expect to be able to do so soon. To be added to the waiting list for a login, email the NHS Digital Solutions Assurance Service Desk with your contact details, brief information about the type of development you're interested in, and any specific requirements.
Uses for Opentest
You can use Opentest to:
- develop your applications to work with Spine
- work with other developers or companies on integrated solutions - network access is available
- demonstrate products to potential customers
- run procurement competitions between vendors
- hold a 'virtual' hack-day event where programmers collaborate intensively on software projects.
Technical information for suppliers and NHS IT professionals
Detailed technical information can be found on our Opentest github site.