NHS Digital Solution Assurance provides test and assurance services and subject matter expertise to internal NHS Digital customers. We ensure that a solution meets a customer's requirements.
These requirements can come from NHS England, the Department of Health, Public Health England and NHS trusts but the solution is provided by NHS Digital.
With our integration expertise, we can ensure that a new or updated solution works effectively, securely and safely with existing healthcare systems.
We offer guidance to a customer's existing test and assurance teams and support agile and waterfall development methodologies.
Test and assurance teams:
- will create a Solution Assurance approach, which is a document that describes the support and services we will offer, and the way we will work with you, to achieve the required quality and safety standards
- will provide industry standard, good practice guidance which may be used in commercial documentation, solution design, solution requirements and also NHS Digital/supplier delivery plans
- can design, create and carry out test plans based on user examples provided by the customer, to support end-to-end testing of a solution
- will provide independent investigation and analysis of defects
- will highlight key risks, issues, and their mitigations during the development process and propose recommendations
- will provide a test and assurance statement which provides a summary of the test and assurance carried out, and any outstanding risks, issues and defects - this assurance statement also provides our recommendation for service readiness and is a dependency for go live decisions
Read more by downloading our assurance factsheet.