Hosted by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Research Design Service, the event also contained sessions from Health Data Research UK (HDR UK), Medical Research Council (MRC) Regulatory Support Centre, and the Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP).
It covered topics including:
- an introduction to new data sets available for researchers from NHS Digital
- how researchers can use Health Data Research UK (HDR UK)'s Innovation Gateway
- clinical audit data held by the HQIP
- key governance and ethical topics for researchers by the MRC Regulatory Support Centre
- research case studies from organisations including the British Heart Foundation's Data Science Centre, UK Biobank and HQIP
Feedback from the event has been overwhelmingly positive with over 90% of those providing feedback rating the event good/excellent with relevant content, useful presentations and raised awareness of where to go to find out more about data.
More events are being planned for 2021. To express an interest in attending please write to email@example.com.
Sessions at the event were recorded - you can view each of them below.
HDR UK discussing the Innovation Gateway
Paola Quattroni, Alliance Delivery Manager, HDR UK
Peggy Barthes-Streit, Technology Partnership Director, HDR UK
Paola and Peggy describe a powerful new resource for researchers and innovators, showcasing data available across the UK and showing how it can be accessed.
Researcher case studies
Dr Rishi Calayachetty, UK Biobank
Dr Angela Wood, British Heart Foundation Data science Centre (CVD-COVID-UK Consortium)
Chris Boulton, HQIP - National Joint Registry
UK Biobank, The British Heart Foundation's (BHF) Data science Centre, and HQIP highlight how data has been used for efficient and effective research.
Last edited: 12 July 2021 10:18 am