Benefits for service providers include:
- providing support for process change and service re-design
- a significant reduction in Did Not Attend (DNA)
- an increase in the appropriateness of referrals
Productivity and efficiency can be improved by:
- a reduction in staff time spent processing referrals, including electronic storage of referral letters and a reduction in the number of paper records transported across different sites and departments
- less time spent by NHS staff ringing patients or sending out letters to arrange appointments
Find out more about realising the benefits.