Products assessed and published on the NHS Apps Library give developers increased exposure and reassure users and commissioners.
There are many benefits to having a health app or digital tool published on the NHS Apps Library.
These include that:
- the product will reach the wider NHS community, helping to increase uptake and making it more appealing to commissioners
- it’s the only place to find every health app and digital tool that has been assessed to NHS standards
- the number of visits to the library is growing and currently stands at around 25,000 visits a week
- visits to the NHS Apps Library have a 15% click-through rate to the App Store and Google Play
- the NHS Apps Library is signposted from relevant health and wellbeing pages across the NHS website, which receives more than 30 million visitors a month
- apps published on the library are available through an NHS API