To set up MESH you need to:
- check the supported platforms
- apply for a MESH account for the organisation you're responsible for (identified by unique ODS code). If the form is filled in correctly, including estimated message sizes and volumes, you should get registration information back within 10 working days.
- check that your firewall settings are configured correctly for connecting to MESH using DNS
- set up a MESH end point certificate locally (the system uses mutual authentication to provide a high level of security.) You can either:
- use an existing Spine end point registration certificate in MESH
- or, if you don't already have one, either:
You can choose to install MESH as a service if you want it to start automatically when the server boots up. (This option is only available if you are running the MESH client on a Windows operating system.) Download the installing MESH as a service pack which includes the guidance on installing the MESH client as a service.