To procure your HSCN connection we strongly advise you to contact several compliant CN-SPs in order to obtain a competitive quote. All listed suppliers are able to supply connections nationally.
Obtaining pricing for HSCN connectivity - advice for private sector organisations
Private sector organisations currently connected to the HSCN Transition Network (formally N3) are strongly encouraged to purchase and migrate to replacement HSCN connectivity at the earliest opportunity.
Doing so will:
- deliver significant cost savings in comparison to existing N3 services - organisations who have already procured HSCN connectivity to replace existing N3 services are reporting significant savings within a range of 30-60%
- avoid any disruption to service as NHS Digital start to close down the N3 legacy infrastructure over the coming months
HSCN connectivity is available now from a choice of suppliers in the open market. So whilst there are a variety of ways that organisations can procure HSCN services, including an HSCN specific dynamic purchasing system managed by the Crown Commercial Service (known as RM3825), private sector organisations can simply contact HSCN compliant suppliers and ask them to quote to provide HSCN connectivity.
Suppliers ready to quote for HSCN connectivity
There are currently a number of network suppliers who have achieved HSCN compliance. This means they are permitted to market and sell HSCN connectivity. NHS Digital have created the HSCN Quote form to simplify the process for customers and HSCN suppliers.
The HSCN Quote Form
Whilst not essential, we advise that organisations use the HSCN Quote Form when asking suppliers to provide pricing so the responses they get back are in a consistent format and easy to compare.
If you would like us to collate quotes on your behalf, please email HSCN.firstname.lastname@example.org (referencing “Supplier Quotes” in the title) with:
- a completed quote form;
- the names of the HSCN compliant suppliers you wish us to obtain a quote from
Any supplier who has achieved Stage 1 HSCN Compliance or beyond can be contacted to request a quote.
We will then contact your selected suppliers, obtain quotes and return these to you within 15 working days.
Supplier compliance and private sector organisation procurements
NHS Digital wants private sector organisations to acquire HSCN connectivity as soon as possible.
Private sector organisations wanting to obtain relatively simple HSCN connectivity in place of their existing N3 connectivity should seek to engage stage 1 compliant suppliers for prices/quotes now.
Suppliers do not need to be to be stage 2 compliant in order to quote. You can find details of HSCN compliant suppliers on the HSCN Suppliers page.
Although the majority of stage 1 compliant suppliers are progressing their stage 2 compliance now, achieving stage 2 compliance will happen gradually between now and January 2018. Therefore, having sought quotes from suppliers, private sector organisations should consider the following options:
- Award HSCN business to a stage 1 compliant supplier on the basis that they can achieve stage 2 compliance within a defined and contractually bound timeframe.
- Award HSCN business to stage 2 compliant suppliers only, accepting that this may temporarily limit the pool of suppliers they can enter into a contract with with.
- Obtain and evaluate stage 1 compliant supplier quotes and propositions/plans for obtaining stage 2 compliance in a timely manner, choose a preferred supplier but then postpone awarding HSCN business to them until they achieve stage 2 compliance.
In all cases private sector organisations should understand their connectivity requirements and progress with engaging stage 1 compliant suppliers in order to obtain quotes for HSCN connectivity.