These solutions will be funded centrally, so are available free of charge to PCNs, excluding costs of additional SMS messages. Separate funding is available to support SMS messaging costs. For more information on claiming this funding you can see the guidance available here. There is no tie in to the solution selected now and commissioners can change to another solution if they wish to, giving one month’s notice.
Once a solution is under the national contract, the process for a PCN to obtain access to that system is either for the PCN or CCG coordinating on behalf of a PCN or PCNs to use the process advised by the selected supplier (see table above), or to follow this process:
1. The PCN or CCG coordinating on behalf of a PCN/s should request access to the contracted solution via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The PCN or CCG on their behalf should provide the following information within their email:
- all PCNs codes (ODS codes) included in the order
- confirm that they understand that they will need to pay for SMS messages directly - there is a separate £2 million national fund to support network costs of additional SMS messages which might be incurred
- provide an address and contact for SMS invoices to be sent to - this does not have to be within the PCN, it could be a CCG address. Any invoices for SMS costs will be sent directly from the supplier to the PCN/CCG. Where there is already a local arrangement in place for managing SMS under a bulk contract, SMS costs can be managed in this way.
3. Once completed, we will place the order on contract and advise the PCN or CCG of their need to participate in confirmation of ‘Service Live’, functioning appropriately as per contract requirements for their Service Instance (M1, m2).