This guide describes how to manually enter and declare Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) achievement information for payment on CQRS.
Manual entry would only be required if the automated collection fails. For further details contact your Commissioning Organisation.
Step by step guide
To manually enter and submit (declare) QOF achievement you need to enter information into every required field. A value of zero is not required for exceptions or exclusions for the QOF calculation to run and produce an achievement amount.
You can only submit QOF achievement once. After you have hit the Submit Achievement button the fields can’t then be updated or changed. If you need to amend anything essential after you have submitted, please contact your commissioning organisation.
To manually enter and submit QOF achievement information, follow the steps below:
- Select the Data Submission tab from the CQRS main menu
- Ensure Record Achievement option is selected, and the financial year is correct.
- Select Quality and Outcomes Framework service from the dropdown box.
- Set the achievement date to 31 March – the end of the financial year.
- Select Add New Achievement.
- Select the first group, Atrial Fibrillation. The indicators in this group will then be displayed.
- Enter the Atrial Fibrillation register size into the AF001 input number field. You will see a number of fields are updated with the same value.
- Enter the denominator into AF006 and AF007 denominator field. Enter the numerator into AF006 and AF007 numerator field.
- When all fields have been completed, click the Submit Achievement Data button at the bottom of the screen. You will then be returned to the Domains and Group screen.
- On the Domains and Group screen you can see a message confirming your achievement has been successfully submitted. The Indicators Submitted column will show three of three for the Atrial fibrillation group. Repeat steps 7-10 for the remaining groups.
- Once all your achievement indicators are submitted, the Indicators Submitted column will show as complete. Submit your Achievement for your final QOF achievement to be calculated.
You can only submit achievement information once for the achievement period. Once you hit Submit Achievement data it is no longer possible to update the fields.
If you identify an error after you have submitted, contact your Commissioning Organisation providing evidence for them to consider an amendment.
- Declaring achievement for payment:
- go to the CQRS Achievement screen and select the Declare sub-tab
- if you have manually entered data for all the indicators, then the payment declaration should be shown on screen
- check the achievement values. When you are happy with the data and wish to declare the achievement for your commissioning organisation to approve for payment, select the checkbox to the left of the Quality Service title
- select the Declare Achievement button
- a confirmation message will display to confirm that the payment declaration request has been successfully submitted and is awaiting approval by the commissioning organisation
- once the commissioning organisation approves the achievement details they will be passed to the Exeter System/ National Health Applications and Infrastructure Services (NHAIS) for payment
- to view the achievement values and underlying data, you can run an achievement report using the reporting function on CQRS
If you disagree with the achievement value
If you disagree with the achievement payment values calculated in CQRS you must assemble evidence to support your case and contact your commissioning organisation. They will then review the evidence and, where necessary, negotiate an adjustment.