We collect information for NHS England about General Practice (GP) achievement under the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF). The information we collect is used to calculate GP payments for the current financial year, and to set aspiration payments for the following year. We run other QOF reporting collections throughout the year, but these are not related to payment.
QOF Payments 2019/2020
NHS England and Improvement published a letter on Thursday 19 March 2020 which confirmed that calculations for QOF 2019/2020 will be made as usual.
This data submission will be followed by a piece of analysis to understand the impact of COVID-19 and a one-off financial adjustment for practices who earned less in 2019/20 than 2018/19 as a result of COVID19 activities.
We run reporting collections throughout the year, with the information made available in CQRS afterwards. We advise practices to check it against the information in their clinical systems.
If collected information appears incorrect:
- contact your clinical system supplier to check what information was collected
- gather evidence to demonstrate correct information
- contact your NHS England area team
We advise keeping CQRS final QOF achievement submission reports for future reference. QOF information is kept on CQRS for at least 5 years.
Year-end collection for payment
At the end of the financial year, QOF achievement data is extracted and used to calculate GP payments for the year.
To support practices with Covid-19, there are three changes to the year end process for QOF 2019/20:
- practices will be auto-enrolled in the QOF 2020/2021 extract if they have not participated
- manual indicators will be automatically populated to “Yes” for practices who have not submitted their manual indicators
- GP practices will not be required to declare any achievement payments for QOF 2019/2020 - they will be automatically declared and approved within the CQRS system.