These are the requirements for the EPS components only. Systems will also need to meet wider NHS Spine integration requirements including Spine Demographics, Spine Messaging, Spine Directory Service and Spine Security Broker.
Systems may also need to meet non-functional requirements listed in any NHS Digital agreements.
You may find it useful to read the EPS integration walk through to understand how to use these documents.
Some of the documents only relate to prescribing or dispensing systems, others are common to both.
- EPS domain message specification v3.4.0
- EPS schedule 2 & 3 controlled drugs requirements
- NHS dictionary of medicines and devices compliance requirement
- RBAC implementation guidance for the EPS R2
- IG RBAC control names and codes database V27.2 2012_11_13
- Guidance for endorsement
- Electronic Prescription service release 2 clinical assurance
- dm+d implementation guide (primary care)
- Nomination requirements for system suppliers
- EPS R2 training and guidance strategy
- Digital signature toolkit guidance
- ETP web services client source code
- MiM 3.1.07 & 4.2.00 compatibility guidance
- EPS infrastructure specification
- Message Implementation Manual (MIM 4.2.00)
- Native use of dm+d definition
- Message Implementation Manual (MIM 3.1.07)
- EPS prescribing systems compliance specification
- EPS prescribing systems compliance specification – earlier version
- EPS prescription token specification
- ETP message signing requirements
- Digital signature and non repudiation
- CC API for ETP suppliers
- Dispensing systems compliance specification
- EPS dispensing token specification