The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) allows prescribers in integrated urgent care settings to send electronic prescriptions to community pharmacies, removing the need for paper prescriptions.
This makes the prescribing and dispensing process more efficient and saves time when medication is required urgently.
Integrated urgent care settings include NHS 111, GP out of hours, Clinical Assessment Services (CAS), Walk-in Centres, minor Injuries units and urgent care centres, which use OneAdvanced Adastra and IC24 Cleo prescribing systems.
The EPS system available in integrated urgent care is a simplified version of that used in primary care. The following functions are not available:
- repeat prescribing and electronic repeat dispensing (eRD)
- post-dating prescriptions
- ability to access or change the patient's regular nomination
- prescription token printing
- item level cancellation
- EPS Phase 4 (non-nominated) prescriptions