How does sharing this data benefit healthcare provision, adult social care, or the promotion of health?
Specify how sharing this data is in the public interest in the context of the expected measurable benefits described.
How will the outputs achieve the stated purposes (and thus the benefits of processing)?
Where data is being processed as a “legitimate interest“ (Article 6(1)(f) of General Data Protection Regulations), it should be clear how the legitimate interest is fulfilled through the benefits.
The application should explain the benefits of this particular data dissemination, and how it contributes to the project’s overall impact, if part of a wider project.
The benefits should be adequately explained with a realistic and comprehensive description of plans for dissemination.
When describing the benefits you could include detail of:
- what action/change/decision is likely to happen as a result of the outputs
- the magnitude of the impact it will have - for example, the number of patients affected/potential cost and efficiency savings
- who will carry out the actions leading to the benefit - will this be the controller/funder/other third party
- how it will be measured
- when it will be achieved
Applications to renew/extend a data sharing agreement should provide some narrative in the yielded benefits.
- State how the outputs achieved the stated purposes and thus the benefits of processing? Where data was processed as a “legitimate interest “ (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR), it should be clear how the legitimate interest is fulfilled through the benefits.
- If no yielded benefits have been achieved, this should be explained in this section.
Is the study in support of a PhD/post graduate research study?